This page contains some basic instructions on how to prepare and submit a Camera Ready Copy (CRC) of the short papers for the Geomorphometry conference. We typically do not provide any technical support, which means that each author is responsible to format the article following the preparation guidelines and submit a CRC version of manuscript (see an example). Submissions that do not closely follow the manuscript preparation guidelines might be removed from the revision process. The publication process is illustrated in the graph below:
Use one of the following templates to prepare your 2-4 pages summary paper (read also the manuscript preparation guidelines):
|Open Office ODT||Microsoft Office DOC|
- Do not submit poorly prepared, incomplete and/or already used materials. Your paper will be reviewed by three members of the scientific committee.
- Extended abstracts must be original works by the authors, not be currently under review in the same form by another outlet and not submitted elsewhere prior to the notification date.
- Closely follow the manuscript preparation guidelines. Manuscripts that do not comply with the guidelines will be removed from the review process.
- The paper has to be at least 2 and at most 4 pages long.
- We accept only font-enbeded, high-quality graphics PDF versions of the manuscript. Do not submit MS Word documents or similar. To generate a PDF version of the article, please consider using CutePDF Writer or similar freeware.
- Closely follow the indicated deadlines. We take no responsibility for delayed or incomplete reviews.
- Consider preparing a summary paper that describes your research and gives an overview of the research results in the period of last 3-5 years. Focus on what is really novel about your approach and what still has to be done to reach the research objectives.
- Give concrete examples and illustrations of data analysis schemes, data sets, methodological concepts and results received.
- Concept papers and new research proposals are also welcome, assuming that they will evolve into full-length articles.
Preparations of posters
Geomorphometry typically hosts 1-2 hours poster sessions on each conference. Poster summaries need to be submitted before the start of the conference. Posters are not peer-reviewed and will not be included in the conference proceedings.
To prepare a poster please closely follow these guidelines (see an example of a poster):
- The display area for posters is 90 cm by 120 cm (A0 paper format 84.1 × 118.9).
- Leave margin of at least 7.5 cm around the poster.
- A poster should be self-contained and self-explanatory. Presentations should be kept simple and clear and a mixture of text and graphics is recommended.
- Figures should be designed to be viewed from a distance and should use clear, visible graphics and large type. Each figure or table should have a heading of one or two lines.
- Titles and captions should be short and easy to read, in a sans serif font for preference. Use large lettering as this means a number of people can read the poster from a distance without overcrowding.
- Caption your poster with the abstract title, authors names and affiliations.
Novel to making posters? Here are some general guides...
Geomorphometry 2015 Conference proceedings:
The Geomorphometry 2015 proceedings will be published as open access publication and distributed via this website. Copyright for all contributed papers will be assigned to the listed authors following the Creative commons Attribution-No Derivative Works licence. A selection of papers will be invited for publication in a special issue (under construction)
To submit a 2-4 pages summary papers for the Geomorphometry 2015 use the EasyChair conference system. Do not submit your work by e-mail. Do not submit MS word documents but only PDF versions of your paper.
- Download a template document.
- Prepare a paper following the preparation guidelines (see an example or a published paper).
- Once you are finished with typing all text, turn the hyphenation on and improve the page layout and order of figures and tables.
- Insert the paper code e.g. "O-1" in the footnote of the paper so that the first page is enumerated as "O-1-1".
- When submitting the Camera-Ready-Copy, remove any additional annotation such as line numbers or comments.
- Print a PDF version of your paper (embed all fonts and limit the compression to 300 DPI).
- If you have not done so already, register on the EasyChair system.
- Login and submit a PDF of your article.
Preparing artwork / article graphics:
- You are encouraged to submit full color graphics (RGB); this will be printed free of charge.
- Insert either vector graphics (WMF), PNG or JPG compressed figures with minimum compression (>90% quality) and in high resolution (300 DPI).
- Each figure should have a concise caption describing accurately what the figure depicts.
- If necessary, wrap large figures over the whole text width by changing the two-column layout to a one-column layout (Type bit of text normally. Then, go to the Insert menu, choose Section, click on the Columns tab, and then choose two columns.).
|geomorph_letter_guides.pdf||154.06 KB||141||6 days 13 hours ago|
|geomph_letter_BLANK.odt||23.35 KB||130||1 day 15 hours ago|
|geomph_letter_BLANK.doc||21 KB||122||2 weeks 5 hours ago|